Mexican cauliflower rice
mexican cauliflower rice
Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice is a healthy,keto friendly, vegan side dish recipe that is bursting with mexican flavours and ready in 30 minutes!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 3 cups Cauliflower Florets stems removed and washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 3 –4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 2 medium Tomatoes finely chopped
- 3/4 cup diced Bell Peppers
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika Powder or red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped Coriander or Cilantro
- Salt to taste
- More cilantro sliced avocados, jalapenos, lime juice etc for topping
- Add cauliflower florets to a food processor or chopper and pulse till the cauliflower resembles small bits (like rice). Make sure not to go all the way or it can turn mushy. See picture for reference.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions, garlic and jalapenos. Stir fry for a few minutes till the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, cumin powder, paprika powder and salt to the pan. Cook the tomatoes for a few minutes till they soften. Add the diced bell peppers and cauliflower rice to the pan and mix well. Stir fry the cauliflower for 3-4 minutes till it’s tender.
- Top with your favourite topping and serve hot.
favourite toppings are sour cream, cilantro, avocados and sometimes fried tortilla chips
Please follow and like us: